Sacred Ground:Leadership Lessons from Gettysburg & the Little Bighorn
Sacred Ground: Leadership Lessons from Gettysburg & the Little Bighorn
In Sacred Ground, Jeff Appelquist takes us on an amazing journey of exploration and discovery to the Gettysburg and Little Bighorn battlefields. By studying these momentous events through the lens of individual leadership and team dynamics, we see that the stories from history are fascinating, the parallels to today are memorable, and the principles of leadership enduring.
6″ x 9″, Hardcover, 348 pages
Pub Date: March – 2010
Awards & Nominations
- Writer’s Digest International Awards First Place Prize/Nonfiction.
- National Indie Excellence Awards Gold Medal/Military History.
- Midwest Book Awards First Place Prize/Business.
- ForeWard Reviews Awards Silver Medal/Business.
- Midwest Book Awards Finalist/Interior Design.
- Ben Franklin Awards Finalist/History.
- Reader Views Literary Awards Finalist/Business.
“I believe in the power of stories to teach. In Sacred Ground, Jeff Appelquist proves himself a first-rate storyteller. His focus on real people and their incredible, true-life adventures makes the history come alive. Jeff also shares his own leadership journey, which is a remarkable story as well. The lessons from Sacred Ground are timeless.”
Executive Vice President and President, Americas
Best Buy Company, Inc.